How it Works
OnColor ECO Lite automatically analyzes PDF files and, using Gray Component Replacement (GCR), determines the optimal amount of ink needed by newspaper and commercial presses to produce the best image quality.
Using sophisticated algorithms and ICC profiles for input and output, ProImage OnColor ECO replaces an equal amount of CMY ink (the gray component) with lower cost black ink to produce a perfect printed result every time, whilst using much less ink overall.
- Cost reduction - Ink saving in the order of 10% to 40% – in most cases, the average ink volume saved is approximately 20%.
- Sharper images – sharper images are created when dark items that were printed with CMYK are replaced by K only.
- Control of Total Ink - prevents ink set-off, eliminates the use of powder and reduces the ink drying time.
- Improved gray balance – natural objects look more realistic.
- Better color stability and fidelity– since only the essential CMY ink components (pure color) remain on the image, colors are more stable and easy to control on the press.
- Ink saving analysis – a special algorithm calculates the exact amount of ink and cost saved during processing.
- Smart Input Space Recognition – this sophisticated algorithm detects each image’s color space enabling correct input to the press color space.
- Reduced file size - the use of PDF files with the OnColor ECO, in most cases, significantly reduces file size by compression while maintaining initial quality.