NewsWay Lite is a web server -based client/server application. It is simple to set-up and administer, and provides comprehensive production capabilities for newspaper and orignizations with less demanding requirements.
- Browser based
- Two levels of user security
- Multiple user access
- 5 Client License
- Supports multiple products
- Supports multiple editions of the same product
- Spot Color support
- Fly Sheet support
- Easy-to-follow graphical edition views
- Multi-color status indication for each page BirdEye / Thumbnail / Page /Separation / File views are available.
- Plate State View
- Supports different naming conventions
- Naming profiles are defined using a Naming Wizard
NewsWay Lite supports the following impositions as options:
- Tabloid (2 tabloid pages on single plate)
- 2 UP (2 broadsheet pages on a panorama plate)
- 4 UP (4 tabloid pages on a panorama plate)
- More than one imposition scheme can be used in a single multi section product. A center section can be tabloid whilst the outside section is a broadsheet.
- Multiple templates can be defined for the same imposition scheme. For instance two broadsheet impositions, with different offset / plate sizes /resolutions can co-exist in the system.
Automatic page pairing based on the configuration selected in the planner.
- A Wizard is provided, to define input folders.
- NewsWay Lite is equipped with a local HotFolder that can listen to multiple directories.
NewsWay Lite can output to two folder simultaneously.
- NewsWay Lite supports Furniture in Tiff and PDF formats
- Different furniture can be defined for different configurations
- Unique pages in the configuration can be assigned different furniture
- Text burning can be defined for different impositions.
- The available variable or static text burning options are:
- Page number Section
- Edition Product
- Date Output time
- Any fixed text and date